Saturday, July 9, 2011

Rios Destroys Antillion - Williams Decision WORST of 2011 - AND WHERE IS ALFREDO ANGULO?

Most of the time, I enjoy the spoils of being correct in my predictions. Unfortunately, the MD tonight by Paul Williams has made me HATE the world of professional judging in boxing. I can understand a close fight having conflicting viewpoints, but to give Williams a victory after eating what seemed like endless left hands dished out by Erislandy Lara seems like a travesty. The only good thing about this decision is that it makes Devon Alexander's controversial win over Lucas Matthysse seem like a birthday party.

Brandon Rios did what I expected him to do - and that is to UNLEASH Holy Hell on a tough, but grisled Antillion. For a few rounds it seemed like it was going to be Gatti/Ward 4, but in the end, Rios is probably more gifted than either of those warriors. Look for big things from Rios - I would expect a shot against an A fighter before then end of the year. Speaking of that...WHERE IN THE HELL IS ALFREDO ANGULO?

No comments:

Post a Comment